You are here
San Jose, California
Shelby, North Carolina
College Park, Maryland
Washington, DC, D.C.
San Diego, California
Location: Torrance, California
Type: Full Time
Salary: $90,000 - $100,000
Site Supervisor: Cupertino, CA
Hours to start are 9:30 AM - 6:30 PM - or as preschool requires
The Preschool Site Supervisor is responsible for providing strong oversight of all education services offered within Excelsior Pre-School division. The Preschool Site Supervisor is responsible for ensuring program compliance with all governmental to include all local, state, and federal regulatory, and contractual requirements—if any, as well as ensuring high quality, measurable services that are integrated and coordinated with all Preschool content areas. Works collaboratively with other departments and program staff members, regularly monitors education services, provides regular supervision of direct reports, promotes a positive atmosphere, and ensures smooth operation of the centers. In coordination with the Director of Education and the CEO and CFO, the Site Supervisor is responsible for annual development of budgets, budget management, and monitoring of program procurement to ensure all programs have the resources and supplies necessary to operate. Develops, updates, implements, and upholds the mission, policies, and practices of the Preschool division.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Ensure that all children are receiving quality educational programming and case management, including the required assessments, screenings, and when needed, appropriate referrals to the regional center, the local school district, and other community-based and Excelsior Pre-School resources.
- Responsible for the overall operations of all Excelsior Pre-School early learning centers, online platform and home-based programming services.
- Develop and implement operational processes, policies, and procedures for education services.
- Ensure that all needed data is being collected and reports are being reviewed to ascertain child and program outcomes and make improvements that will ensure all children are receiving all appropriate services.
- Ensure that parents receive a handbook of policies and procedures to support their child’s experience and their own participation.
- Provide one-on-one supervision to reporting staff to ensure that they have the support and guidance needed to provide quality services to the children and families served.
- Monitor staff performance and complete performance evaluations in a timely manner; maintain confidential and complete system for records of reporting staff’s employment, evaluations, and staff development activities.
- Work collaboratively within any regulatory structure, interpreting and adapting Preschool policies and procedures to meet the needs of the program and contract.
- Complete and ensure the timely submission of all internally and externally required reports, applications, and similar administrative documents.
- Continually evaluate program effectiveness.
- Oversee, and develop as needed, system for maintenance of confidential files that includes all documents and data required by licensing and contracts.
- Ensure the recruitment, hiring, orientation, and training of department staff and the provision of supervision and guidance for staff in daily activities and staff development areas.
- Participate in preparing the program’s annual operating budget and other financial reports and actively manage department expenditures within budget.
- Ensure that the Preschool have adequate supplies/equipment and approve purchases of inventory and equipment.
- Maintain confidentiality as required, state licensing, LACOE/OHS, HIPAA, and other relevant regulatory agencies.
- Attend all necessary professional training in order to maintain knowledge of best practice within the field and to ensure Excelsior Pre-School is a leading provider in the community.
- Act as representative for Preschool, develop and maintain relationships with other relevant agencies, and participate in appropriate professional organizations.
- Plan and participate in on-site and off-site learning opportunities in accordance with a professional development plan that reflects regulatory and personal professional needs and interests.
- Assist program staff in becoming members of the professional early childhood education community.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education or related field (of which 24 ECE/CD units, including core, 6 units in administration, and 2 units in adult supervision) or Teaching, Administrative, or Administrative Services credential with 12 units of Preschool plus 3 units supervised field experience in Preschool settings. Masters Degree highly preferred.
- A valid State of California Children’s Center Director’s Permit.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and effectively manage programs, services, and innovations according to the program needs.
- Experience in working with diverse cultures.
- Excelsior Pre-School values the dignity and worth of every person we serve. Employees are expected to support children’s emotional and social development by encouraging understanding of others and promoting positive self-concepts. All employees must have the ability to treat those served by our agency in a caring and respectful manner, mindful of individual differences and cultural, ethnic, and socioeconomic diversity.
- As providers of Preschool services, Excelsior Pre-School employees may work with clients dealing with complex emotional and mental health issues, many of whom are facing significant personal crises on a daily basis. Employees are expected to maintain composure during all interactions and crisis situations, implement a self-care plan, and utilize crisis communication to deescalate any crisis and prevent any serious bodily injury or harm.
Please feel free to check out our website: https://excelsiorpre-school.com/cupertino.html