You are here
Salt Lake City, Utah
San Jose, California
Shelby, North Carolina
College Park, Maryland
Washington, DC, D.C.
San Diego, California
Location: Garden City, New York
Type: Full Time
Internal Number: 3934556
Director of the Early Learning Center
Alice Brown Early Learning Center
This position manages, coordinates and supports all aspects of the operation of a licensed full day early care and education program. The Director has a vital role in the organizational structure and day-to-day management of the ELC. In addition to, guiding and growing the mission of the program in alignment to the University's needs.
REPORTS TO: Dean for the College of Education and Health Sciences
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Recruits and coordinates schedules for staff and students based on projected enrollments by day and hour ensuring that staffing patterns required to meet and maintain OCFS regulations and quality of program are achieved.
- Conducts recruitment and interview and selection process for position openings in the program.
- Develops a training and orientation schedule for staff development activities.
- Assists faculty of University in promoting the practices and purpose of the center.
- Determines the need to revise policies and procedures and drafts revisions and disseminates when necessary.
- Resolves problems and serves as liaison in interpretation of policies and procedures for families and staff.
- Updates and maintains the center's strategic plan, coordinating with appropriate staff and University personnel on status of specific goals and objectives.
- Develop, plan for and administrate the financial needs of the program including; developing tuition rates, determining long range and daily budgeting needs.
- Mentor and support student employees, and graduate assistants employed by the program.
- Collaborate with, mentor and support student observers, and certification candidates placed in classroom.
- Maintain collaborative relationships and active two-way communications with parents and other University personnel.
- Counsel families, if necessary, regarding their child's development and provide community linkage for intervention and advocacy to promote family welfare.
- Develop parent programs and events.
- Maintains high visibility in the center with staff and parents.
- Supervise and lead classroom teams in planning, implementing and assessing developmentally appropriate curriculum.
- Assist teaching teams in supervising and managing the day-to-day classroom operations.
- Ensure that the outdoor play environment is well organized and utilized as an extension of the classroom setting.
- Engage in meaningful on-going professional development opportunities; including trainings required by the NYS Office of Children and Family Services, and Adelphi University.
- Understand and implement Child Day Care Regulations as administered by the Office of Children and Family Services.
- Continually update knowledge of child development, early childhood curriculum, and staff development through appropriate publications, trainings, and courses.
- Actively participates in advocacy to enhance the care and education of children.
- Models and maintains confidentiality in and outside of the classroom setting about children, parents, staff, students and observers.
- maintain accreditation through the National Academy for the Education of Young children (NAEYC).
- Perform any other job duties and responsibilities as needed by the program.
REQUIREMENTS: (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- A strong foundation in child development.
- Ability to interact in a supportive and positive manner with a diverse student body.
- Knowledge of the process of curriculum development for children ages infancy through six.
- Working knowledge of software programs for documentation use.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, E-mail and Windows.
- Ability to understand and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong student service, mentoring and support skills.
- Display sound decision making skills.
- Display ability to appropriately supervise children in a group and use transition techniques to move children through the daily routine.
- Patience in high stress situations.
- Strong democratic management skills and a working understanding of not for profit early education programs.
- Master's degree in early childhood education or a closely related education field is required.
- Certificate in education (preferably, early childhood education) is required.
- Experience teaching children age 18 months to six is required.
- Minimum of three years' experience managing an early care and education program is required.
- Minimum of nine college credits in administration, leadership or business management, which is required by NAEYC for accreditation of the program.
- Classroom teaching in an early childhood setting experience is preferred.
- Experience working in a student service environment is highly desirable.
- Associate Director.
- Assistant Teacher.
- Administrative Assistant.
- Student Teacher Aides.
- Field Placement Students.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving more than 7,250 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers students 79 undergraduate programs, more than 84 master's degree and doctoral programs, and 63 certificate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 119,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 43 states and 72 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=39&rid=2907
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency