You are here
Salt Lake City, Utah
San Jose, California
Shelby, North Carolina
College Park, Maryland
Washington, DC, D.C.
Location: Wenham, Massachusetts
Type: Full Time
The School of Education at Gordon College invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track assistant, associate, or full professor appointment with a focus on undergraduate early childhood or elementary teacher education. Position to begin August 2023. Rank will be commensurate with experience.
The Gordon School of Education is committed to equipping students to use evidence-based practices, including the science of reading, through rigorous academic coursework paired with extensive field-based experiences. Local school districts recognize Gordon for its excellence in teacher preparation, and graduates go on to serve in public, charter, and private schools as classroom teachers, interventionists, educational leaders, and researchers. Undergraduate education majors work toward licensure in either early childhood or elementary education with the option to pursue dual licensure with Special Education (Moderate Disabilities, PK-8) or ESL through completion of a minor. Undergraduates may also pursue a major or minor in Communication Sciences and Disorders.
Gordon College is a Christian liberal arts college located in Massachusetts on Boston’s North Shore, a beautiful coastal area with easy access to Boston. Core to the Gordon College mission and curriculum are faculty commitments to integrate faith, learning, and living; cultivate imagination with a disposition of hope; and inspire creative contributions to God’s purposes in a wide range of disciplines. The Gordon College community has made a commitment to pursuing shalom, a right ordering of relationships and actions resulting in the affirmation of human dignity and the flourishing of community. We are interested in candidates who can help us live out this commitment through research and practice.
- Teach undergraduate early childhood and/or elementary education coursework aligned with areas of expertise, such as child development, foundations of early childhood education, foundations of Christian schools, classroom management, or methods courses in early/elementary math, science, social studies, or writing;
- Supervise field-based experiences and the student teaching practicum;
- Engage in partnerships with local schools;
- Advise students;
- Represent the School of Education on college committees;
- Engage in scholarly work.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- Doctorate in early childhood or elementary education or a related field (ABD will be considered);
- A commitment to the Christian mission of the college;
- Three or more years PK-6 teaching experience;
- A commitment to evidence-based teaching practices and a practice-based approach to teacher preparation;
- Passion for mentoring undergraduate students;
- Collaborative skills that cross departmental and disciplinary boundaries;
- Experience in urban, cross-cultural, or otherwise diverse education settings;
- Evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- Active research program or potential for its development.
Interested Applicants Must Submit:
- Cover letter that addresses the applicant’s interest in the specific position and fit with the Christian mission of Gordon College;
- CV that includes the names and contact information for 3 references;
- A sample of academic writing.
TO APPLY: Please go to Interfolio. Our review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position in filled.
For more information on Gordon College, please visit www.gordon.edu.
Gordon College is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, or disability.