The ideal candidate is extremely knowledgeable about the different stages of early childhood development and provides age appropriate activities and opportunities that encourage curiosity, exploration, and problem-solving skills while creating an environment that promotes the social, emotional, cognitive and physical growth of the child.
The candidate must also be willing to travel with Family to secondary residence in New York or travel/vacation internationally. (Not currently traveling due to limiting COVID exposure)
In addition, the ideal candidate must be tech savvy (comfortable using a smartphone) and have strong communication skills, great command of the English language.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to: - Assisting in the daily care, nurturing, feeding and supervision of a newborn child - Able to a create a plan of educational and recreational activities that support optimal early childhood development - Coordinating daily activities and supervising transportation to and from all engagements (play dates, appointments, classes, activities, etc.) - Provide a safe and clean environment for the child; light housekeeping for the child only, including tidying up, closet organization, cleaning up after meals, etc. - Preparation of light and healthy family-style meals for the child - Travel with the family domestically and internationally as needed - Additional Nanny responsibilities and duties as needed and requested by the Family
*Generous Compensation and Healthcare Plan Reimbursement*
- Minimum 7 years of related full-time experience working in a private home in a similar role; experience caring for newborns REQUIRED
- Four-year degree from accredited US college/university or international equivalent is a PLUS
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Education, Early Childhood development, Childhood Psychology, or relevant field a huge PLUS
- Must have exceptional organizational skills and dedication to responsibilities with prioritization and efficiency
- Must have flexibility in schedule (minimum 50-60 hours per week)
- Familiarity with HNW families is a plus
- Computer and technology savvy REQUIRED
- Valid Driver’s License REQUIRED; a confident driver with zero points on record
- Valid Passport REQUIRED; willing and able to travel both domestically to additional residences and internationally as needed (in the event of traveling in the future, once COVID exposure is minimal)
BACK TO TOP
NAEYC Early Childhood Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else NAEYC has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at NAEYC Early Childhood Career Center.