Elgin Community College (ECC) is a comprehensive, fully accredited community college located in Elgin, Illinois, one of its most rapidly growing cities. Our district encompasses 360 square miles, serving 400,000 people, 11,000 businesses with four public school districts and 15 high schools. ECC was selected as one of five Illinois community colleges to participate in the national Achieving the Dream (AtD) initiative. is a long-term national initiative that collaborates with community colleges to help more students earn degrees, complete certificates, or transfer to four-year institutions to continue their studies. The park-like setting of our 145 acre Main Campus offers instruction spanning nine major buildings with beautiful views. ECC also offers classes throughout the northwest suburbs of Chicago with more than 100 off-campus locations.
Implement and maintain a broad-based childcare program for students and staff of Elgin Community College. Direct all aspects of childcare services including budget, staff, office procedures, client contacts, parental communications, office procedures, health and safety of children and adherence to all ECC Administrative Procedures, federal, state and local Laws.
1. Oversee staff in daily Child Care Center operations to ensure a safe, nurturing developmentally enriching environment. Hire, train, set expectations and evaluate full time, part time and student workers. Interpret and explain policies to staff as needed.
2. Develop and administer Child Care Services budget including management and allocation of funds from grants and other funding sources.
3. Oversee all emergency situations, including injury and/or illness, parental custody/pick-up issues, and possible fire/severe weather evacuation conditions. Establish and maintain departmental policies and procedures for all emergency situations; enforce with staff the practice of drills, etc.
4. Answer informational questions from current and prospective clients regarding the Centers' operations, policies and procedures; oversee client registration.
5. Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with parents; oversee the provision of information to parents regarding the children's progress at the Child Care Center.
6. Oversee the maintenance of confidential financial parent information including recording payments, charges and credits, and relay this information to the proper College offices, as needed.
7. Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with academic students and departments seeking to use the program as a research facility.
8. Maintain children and staff files; collect, distribute and check for accuracy per DCFS requirements. Maintain verbal and written contact with all funding agencies to ensure accurate and consistent report filings.
9. Oversee maintenance of equipment and facility.
1. Minimum Level required by Department of Children and Family Services (Title 89, Chapter III, Subchapter e, Section 407.130) including: A minimum of an associate degree in child development or early childhood education, or equivalent (defined as 64 semester hours in any discipline with a minimum of 21 semester hours of college credit in child development, early childhood education or early childhood special education) Three of the 21 hours must in Administration.
2. Illinois Early Childhood Education Director Credential Level I
3. Budget and financial experience in a child care center.
4. Two - five years of management or leadership experience.
5. Ability to work in a diverse community.
6. Refined customer service skills.
7. Ability to lead staff in implementing appropriate curriculum.
8. Ability to comprehend and implement all required DCFS regulatory requirements.
9. Excellent oral and verbal skills.
10. Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes days/evenings/weekends as needed by the department.
1. Bachelor's degree preferred.
2. Illinois Early Childhood Education Director Credential Level II, preferred.
3. Experience with a childcare food reimbursement program, preferred.
4. Supervision within a union environment preferred.
For a detailed job posting and to apply, please visit our web site at: