We have an immediate opening for a Lead Teacher at the Laurance Armour Day School. The Laurance Armour Day School (L.A.D.S.) is a school and day care facility for children ages 4 months – 10 years. The center primarily provides care for children of staff, students, and employees. This is your chance to support the mission of Rush University, a nationally known medical center that incorporates some of the nation’s finest health care, research and educational facilities.
Responsibilities: • Provide direct care, supervision and education to children in one classroom • Responsible for planning and implementing curriculum activities and primary caregiving that meets the young children’s developmental needs in social, emotional, cognitive, fine and gross motor skills
• Responsible for the observation and documentation of children’s behavior to further guide the curriculum and routinely sharing these observations of the children with their parents
• Establish and maintain relationships with parents through daily contacts, conferences, orientations, and meetings for the classroom assigned
For further details and to apply, please visit http://bit.ly/jobsatrush and search for Job Number 2016-1693.
Rush is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Requirements: • Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 36 semester credits in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Immersive Education (EiEd), Early Childhood, or Special Education
• Classroom experience highly desired
• Must be able to communicate with children at an age-appropriate level
• Strong communication and leadership skills are required in order to supervise the teaching team, while also providing guidance in planning and implementation of the curriculum